Our Tomcat training course teaches students the details of the popular Apache Tomcat web container. The course covers Tomcat's architecture, configuring Tomcat server.xml, Tomcat's deployment descriptors, the web.xml files, valves, logging and security realms.
The training course also covers connecting Tomcat to Apache Web Server, hosting multiple Web sites on Tomcat, both name based and IP based virtual hosting, performance and scalability issues. Advanced topics include load testing, clustering, monitoring, the Tomcat Manager and the Tomcat Administration tool.
|Apache Tomcat Training Course||3||R10,000|
Apache Tomcat Training Course Objectives
- Explain how Tomcat relates to Java EE (J2EE) and compares to other application servers (e.g. JBoss)
- Install and setup Tomcat on UNIX-type environments
- Deploy, support, and troubleshoot applications on Tomcat
- Navigate Tomcat's directory structure
- Understand Tomcat architecture and configuration files: server.xml, context.xml, .properties, etc.
- Understand web application structure and configuration: web.xml
- Integrate tomcat with Apache HTTP and setting up Tomcat connectors
- Secure Tomcat and applications running on it
- Set up Tomcat for SSL
- Tune Tomcat's performance
- Explore different load-balancing and high-availability strategies with Tomcat, including server affinity through sticky sessions as well as session replication via Tomcat Clustering
- Fronting Tomcat with Apache.