Liferay Fundamentals Training Courses
We offer Liferay training for developers and new users via our two courses:
|Description||Days||Price (exc vat)|
|Liferay Fundamentals||2||R 12,000||$ 850.00|
Mastering Liferay Fundamentals is the recommended introductory course that will lay the groundwork for understanding what Liferay can do for you. This two-day course will give you an overview of what Liferay has to offer out of the box and how Liferay can be used for managing users, managing content, and permissions. You will learn how Liferay can use these basic concepts to provide collaboration and a solution to business needs. This training establishes a robust foundation for a successful Liferay installation.
The Mastering Liferay Fundamentals course is an entry level course with no prerequisites.
Getting Started with Liferay
- Installing the Liferay Bundle
- Familiarizing Yourself With Liferay's User Interface
- Displaying Content Using Sites
- Managing Users Through Organizations and User Groups
Managing Permissions through Roles
- What Are Roles?
- Creating and Using Roles Effectively
- Delegating Permissions Using Teams
Basic Page Management
- Site Navigation
- Creating and Managing Pages
- Setting Page Permissions
- Site and Page Templates
Introduction to Liferay's Asset Framework
- What is an Asset?
- Available Assets in Liferay Out of the Box
- Adding Metadata Using Tags and Categories
Basic Web Content
- Basic Web Content Creation
- Placing and Displaying Content
Managing Documents and Media
- Creating Documents in Liferay
- Storing Files and Folders
- Adding Metadata to documents
Encouraging Collaboration in Liferay
- Understanding the Tools Used for Collaborating
- Managing the Tools Used for Collaboration
Enhancing Networking and Collaboration
- Measuring User Participation
- Enabling Users to Connect with One Another
- Integrating Other Social Networks
Connecting to External Sources
- Embedding Web Sites
- Publishing RSS Feeds
- Placing Remote Portlets
A Deeper Look into Liferay's Asset Framework
- Relating Content through the Asset Framework
- Learning How to Enhance Content Through the Asset Framework
- Monitoring Content
Understanding Custom Fields
- What are Custom Fields?
- Creating and Applying Custom Fields
- What is Workflow?
- Understanding a Workflow Process
- Using a Simple Workflow
- Additional Features of the Workflow Engine
Understanding Dynamic Data Lists
- What are Dynamic Data Lists?
- Creating a Data List
- Integrating Dynamic Data Lists with Workflow