Improve your skills, or the skills of your team, with our hands-on, role-based training for IT professionals and developers. Master key tasks for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, SUSE OpenStack Cloud, SUSE Enterprise Storage, SUSE Manager, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications, and more.
|Course||Duration||Price ZAR(ex vat)||Price USD|
|SUSE Linux Enterprise Certified Engineer - Course 3125||4 days||R20,000||$1,400|
- Lunch, refreshments and training material included.
- Class start at 9:00am for 9:30am
- South Africa training locations: Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban
- Global training locations: USA, Canada, UK, Dubai, Europe
The course SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Advanced Administration builds upon the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12: Administration course and teaches advanced system administration task on SLES 12.
SLES 12 comes with several innovative technologies – such as systemd as a SystemV init replacement, GRUB2, UEFI, GPT support, and others. This course covers these innovations and also teaches a system administrator how to administer SLES 12 efficiently and effectively.
After attending the course, the student should be capable to administer SLES 12, including systemd, to deal with specialized networking and storage setups, and should have a solid understanding of basic Bash scripts.
Attending students should have a good working knowledge of general system configuration and command line work with Linux.
This course helps prepare students for the SUSE Certified Engineer in Enterprise Linux 12 certification exam.
1. Identity and Security
- Delegation of Privilege (sudo/polkit)
2. Advanced Network Configuration
3. Manage Storage
4. Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Configure System Logging
- Backup/Recovery, Snapper
- Establish Server Health
5. Advanced System Administration
- Configure systemd
- Understand AutoYaST
6. Network Services
- Samba 4
7. Shell Scripting
- Elements of Shell Scripts
- Control Structures
- Interactive Scripts
* Before attending this course, it is highly recommended that students have a good working knowledge of Linux and should be able to:
- Perform partitioning and file system setup and maintenance
- Perform system configuration including network setup and user management
- Manage software packages
- Work on the command line including file management and text editing
This knowledge can be gained through the SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Administration Course.